Saturday, December 29, 2012

Year Closing with Toraja Robusta and Kenner


It was Saturday afternoon in the end of December 2012, Tito came to my house. We made an appointment in the previous day. In the following day we brew a glass of Toraja Robusta and made a review about it. Not only that, he brought a box of cigarettes, the brand was Kenner – I read it mentioned on its box. We took some pictures of it – together with the coffee – and posted several articles. These are the reviews he wrote…




Toraja Robusta
At first I opened the coffee, it was smelled quite strong, and I guessed it contained high acid. Then when we brew it with proportion of 200ml hot water and 2tbl spoon coffee. First of all it smelled schorchy but not too hard, the color is black brownish, it lost its ‘acid-smell’ and it surprised me. When I sipped it, I could not really feel the sour taste of the coffee, but it is so bitter untill end of your toungue, it was a little strong but light coffee. Approaching the dregs, the sour taste got a little increase, but still light. I recommended this coffee for you who loves strong coffee that contained less acid.

Kenner cigarette
I brought a cigar, just a local Central Java’s cigar, Kenner king extra. It was made in Temanggung, I just got it as a souvenir from my friend. At the shaped, I couldn’t identify which is corona, petite corona, panatela or what. It is their own shape, but totally it is unique, it had been cut, silky and light brown. First third, the taste was light, I think it is Indonesian’s taste. I couldn’t feel any sensation at this part. At the second third, I still felt that it is so light, I started to feel the very light tobacco taste, and the nutty after taste. But I think it was too light, I couldn’t find any surprising taste again. At the last part, I still felt the same taste. There is no more sensation. But it didn’t change became spicy at the last inch. I recommended not to buy a lot of this cigar, maybe you can try one or two of this cigar, you will feel bored if you grab it too many. The after taste was easy to get lost, it left on your tongue only 15 minute.
But I totally enjoyed it, the coffee, the cigar and our chat. It feels homy, comfortable.

Coffee and Cigar review by Tito
Photographs and Introduction by Gerry

No comments:

Post a Comment